A few decades ago, the benefits of lemongrass were mainly for malaria treatment. The benefits of lemongrass come as a series of preparation locally mixed together used in various health treatments.
Various reviews from people have signaled the effective use of the preparation in Nigeria.
This article is making a shift into the uses, dosage, and preparation of lemongrass.
While conventional treatment remains the best form of treatment, due to the fact that one can be scanned, and get to know what exactly is the problem with the system.
However, it is not every time you visit the hospital that you are being tested to know that you have certain ailments.
Brief Fact About Lemongrass
Lemongrass decades ago, was the key local herbs used for the treatment of malaria in Nigeria and other African countries and are synonymous to the rural areas.
Most urban centers do not favor the use of local herbs, their best alternative is the seeking medical professional help at an exorbitant price.
Although, we are not ridden off the seeking of medical help, yet advancement in the use of local herbs has given us reason to shift into its use.
Health Benefits of Lemongrass
At times, drugs are being prescribed based on symptoms complained, and not based on testing out to identify the real problem.
It is only when there are no changes that tests are then carried out.
In line with that, local herbs have that approach too. It tends to understand the symptoms and thus prescriptions of herbs are then made.
And many herbal practitioners often sound clear warning just as the approach in the hospitals that if there are no changes, a test must be carried out to identify the real problem.
However, lemongrass is a healing gift from God to man because of the benefits it possesses, here are the benefits of lemongrass:
- Antioxidant: It helps in releasing free radicals in your body that may cause disease.
- Antimicrobial: It may help treat oral infections and cavities.
- Anti-inflammatory: It helps in heart diseases and stroke.
- Anticancerous: It reduces the rate of cancer risk.
- Digestion: Taking a cup of lemongrass tea will settle any stomach upset problem and also aids digestion.
- Diuretic: It makes you urinate often which helps in releasing fluids.
- High blood pressure: It helps in reducing the rate of high blood pressure.
- Cholesterol: Lemongrass helps regulate your cholesterol.
- Weight loss: It helps in weight reduction.
- Menstrual cramps: Lemongrass is a natural remedy for menstrual cramps.
Here’s a video
Lemongrass in itself is called a fever grass. No wonder many people in Nigeria prefer planting it in their garden to save them from buying them when there is a need for it; when people are faced with fever.
The mineral constituents present in the grass has made many people cut the leaf and boil it and taking the drink on a daily basis.
So the number one ingredient here mentioned here is highly great for use in the preparation for malaria in Nigeria.
According to Wikipedia, Pawpaw is botanically known as Carica papaya. In Nigeria, the fruit is called “ibepe” in yoruba, okwere in Igbo, and gwanda in Hausa. As expected, the leaf of the plant is highly medicinal.
The green leaf of pawpaw when boiled and mixed with other materials is effective in the treating of malaria.
Although aside from the malaria treatment that the leaf of pawpaw is useful for, it is also beneficial for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases.
Lemon is a fruit that is also effective in treating of malaria. This fruit has a rough texture, and in some cases, when unripe it has a sour taste. And also, it is found sweet.
This fruit is grown in the garden of most Nigerians. And for the treatment of malaria preparation as a local herb, it makes our list.
There are numerous benefits tied in with the use of lemon fruits.
It is used in treating constipation, indigestion, respiratory disorder, hypertension, internal bleeding, and rheumatism.
So even the raw intake of the juice is essential for one’s well being.
The preparation of lemongrass, pawpaw leaf, and lemon preparation in Nigeria has long been around.
Its has been used, and has treated patients with malaria parasite successfully.
A discussion on the use of lemongrass, pawpaw leaf and lemon is needed before we will show how these constituents are been prepared to treat malaria.
They are various ways you can prepare lemongrass to suit your desire, here are the recommended ways for lemongrass preparation:
The First Preparation
- The mixture to be used here is unripe pawpaw, lemon-orange, unripe pineapple fruit, and lemon fruit.
- All these mixtures are to be boiled together thoroughly in clean water.
- It is to be boiled with fermented corn water.
- The boiling period should be for at least 60 minutes.
- Thereafter the constituents can then be allowed to cool off.
- The mixture should be taken three times daily for 7 days. Apparently in a glass cup of water.
Another Preparation Using: Lemongrass and Pineapple juice.
- The lemongrass and the juice from the pineapple are to be boiled in a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- The mixture should be allowed to cool off and eventually you will drink and must be done on a daily basis.
Another Preparation using Lime and Lemon
- The lime must have about 4-5 drops in a cup.
- Then you can add the one lemon juice inside, allow to dissolve in a glass cup of water.
- This preparation is meant to be taken before the onset of malaria sickness. So it is a form of precautionary motive being taken.
Another preparation Using Lemongrass and other ingredients
- The first process is to collect lemongrass, leaves of brimstones tree, and the peels of riped sweet oranges.
- The next approach is to boil them together in clean water for about 30-45 minutes.
- After the boiling is considered okay, you can allow it cool down and thereafter drink a glass cup of water.
- It should be taken three times a day, and it will last for one week.
Malaria is deadly if immediate treatment is not applied. Therefore these local herbs preparation that have been mentioned would and should help you in dealing with the malaria parasite.
There is no crime in taken this preparation when you at times feel that malaria is knocking.
It helps to quickly deal with the sickness and rid them off before they start damaging your body system.
Hence it is also important to note that when you see that there is no obvious change.
Pick up yourself and visit the nearest hospital. It might just be that you need to be tested.
All in all, recon with this herbs prepared, and enjoy great health. Remember that most of these herbs are capable of dealing with typhoid and other sickness.
Stick to the dosage recommended and do not take them in excess.