Bird poop on your car is not only messy but can damage your car’s paint, so it’s good that you’re here to learn how to deter birds from pooping on your car.
There are many ways you can use to stop these birds, like making your own spray or using things that look like their common predators or scary birds.
And we are going to teach you everything you need to know. The best part is you can fix this problem yourself with things you already have at home. Let’s get started!
Why Do Birds Poop on Cars?
Before we discuss how to stop birds from pooing on your car, let us understand why birds will poop on cars. There are a few reasons why they do this somewhat weird thing:
1. Perching Spots
Birds like to perch in places like trees, power lines, or buildings. If you park your car near these spots, birds might poop on it more. So, be careful where you park, and try not to park under trees or near power lines.
2. Car Color
Sometimes the color of your car is the reason why bird poop on your car.
Birds are more likely to poop on cars that are white or lighter in color, as these colors resemble their natural perches.
If you’re concerned about bird droppings, you may want to choose a darker-colored car that is less attractive to birds.
3. Shiny Surfaces
Birds like shiny things because these things look like water.
Cars that are shiny or polished can attract birds and make them poop on the car.
Put wax on your car often or use a matte finish to make your car less shiny. This will stop birds from landing on it.
How To Deter Birds From Pooping On Your Car
1. You Can Use Bird Repellent Sprays
One of the most common and effective ways to stop birds from pooping on your car is to use bird-repellent sprays. You can make your spray or buy one from a store. Let’s discuss both options:
- Homemade Bird Repellent Spray
Making your bird-repellent spray is cheap and good for the environment. Here’s an easy way to make your spray:
- Put an equal amount of vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Put a few drops of dish soap in the bottle and shake it well.
- Spray the mix on your car’s exterior, especially on parts where birds might poop.
- Commercially Available Bird Repellent Spray
If you want something easier, you can buy bird-repellent sprays at stores.
These sprays are made to stop birds and are usually safe and good for the environment.
Follow the directions on the bottle to use them right and keep your car safe from bird poop.
Read also: Why Do Birds Chirp at Night?
2. Use Sound As Bird Repellent
Another innovative way to stop birds from pooping on your car is to use electronic bird-repellent devices. These devices emit sounds that birds don’t like to make them leave the area. So how do they work and what are the different types you can get:
- How Does Electronic Bird Repellent Devices Work?
Electronic bird-repellent devices emit high-frequency sounds that birds don’t like or find scary.
These sounds mimic the distress calls of birds, triggering an instinct in them to stay away.
The frequencies used in these sounds are made specifically to only bother birds and not bother other animals or people.
- Types of Electronic Bird Repellent Devices
There are several types of electronic bird-repellent devices available in the market:
- Ultrasonic devices: These devices make high sounds that humans cannot hear, but birds can hear and get bothered by them.
- Sonic devices: Sonic devices produce audible sounds that are unpleasant to birds.
- Combination devices: Some devices have both ultrasonic and sonic sounds to stop birds. Pick a device that works for you and do what the instructions say for installation and usage.
3. Aluminum Foil
It might sound strange, but aluminum foil can stop birds from pooping on your car. Birds don’t like the sound and feel of foil, making it an excellent deterrent.
Crumple up the foil and put it on your car’s roof or anywhere birds may sit. Make sure to cover all the spots well. Change the foil sometimes to keep it working.
4. Car Covers For Additional Layer of Protection
Using a cover for your car can help stop bird poop from getting on it. It may not be a permanent fix, but it can help keep your car clean when you leave it parked for a while. Here are some tips for using car covers:
- Pick a cover for your car that’s made of material that lets air through. This stops water from building up and keeps your car’s paint from being damaged.
- Make sure the car cover fits well on your car so birds can’t get on it easily. This makes it hard for them to land on your car.
- Clean the car cover often to stop dirt or debris from building up that might attract birds to your car.
Read also: How To Keep Birds Out Of Your Carport
Garage Parking: The Ultimate Protection
Parking your car in a garage is the best way to prevent birds from pooping on your car. If your car is inside, birds can’t get to it easily. Here are some advantages of putting your car in a garage
- Protection from bird droppings: Keeping your car in a garage stops bird poop from getting on it.
- Shield from harsh weather conditions: A garage protects your car from rain, hail, and other bad weather.
- UV ray protection: Parking your car in a garage stops the sun from making the paint on your car fade because of the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Prevention of potential vandalism or theft: A garage offers an added layer of security for your car, reducing the risk of vandalism or theft.
Tips for Keeping Cars Poop-Free
In addition to the methods mentioned above, here are some additional tips for keeping your car clean and poop-free:
- Clean bird droppings immediately: If birds poop on your car, clean it up immediately. Bird poop has acid that can damage your car’s paint if it stays on for too long.
- Keep car wipes or a microfiber cloth in your car: Always Keep wipes or a soft cloth in your car so you can clean up bird poop or stains immediately you notice one.
- Seek professional help if needed: If you’re experiencing a severe bird infestation or struggling to keep birds away from your car, consider seeking professional assistance. Experts in bird control can provide tailored solutions to effectively resolve your problem.
More on How To Deter Birds From Pooping On Your Car
Need more information on how to keep birds from your car, watch th video below:
Bird poop on your car can be annoying and not nice to look at, but you can keep your car clean and poop-free if you use the right ways.
Remember to consider factors such as parking locations, car color, and shiny finishes that may attract birds. If you do these things and watch out for birds, you can keep your car clean and nice. Have fun driving!