People are interested in learning how to use quikstrike fly bait because it controls flies that are resistant to sprays containing carbamates and pyrethrin. This is one of the reasons why people are ready to learn more about how to use quikstrike fly bait.
How Do I Describe the Fly Scatter Bait?
Quikstrike Fly Scatter Bait is a ready-to-use fly bait that contains an attractant for flies called muscamone. It is both attractive to and lethal to house flies. Dinotefuran, the active ingredient in Quikstrike Fly Scatter Bait, kills house flies rapidly and effectively, and there is no known chemical resistance in house flies to dinotefuran.
The use of this efficient fly bait helps increase control over flies that are resistant to products containing carbamates and pyrethrin. This ready-to-use fly bait swiftly attracts and controls nuisance house flies in commercial and agricultural environments. It comes complete with all the necessary ingredients.
Quikstrike Fly Bait is an efficient fly bait tool that may be used in a variety of ways, such as spraying it on walls, fences, and surfaces, or painting it. Its primary purpose is to greatly cut down on or completely eradicate fly activity.
Contains Z-9 tricosene, which draws flies to the bait so they can feed. There is a sevenfold increase in the number of house flies killed by using Quick Strike Scatter Bait (*based on the treatment of carbamate-resistant fly populations).
Read also: Musca Stik: How to Use Fly Trap
How To Use QuikStrike Fly Bait?
Decide how much of the Quikstrike Fly Bait to use by figuring out how big the area you want to treat is.
Measuring the treatment area’s length and width in feet and multiplying them together will yield the answer to this question. Scattered bait treatments can be applied at 1/4 pound per 500 square feet with Quikstrike Fly Bait. ft.
Place 2 ounces in fly bait stations. of goods per 250-square-foot bait station square feet of space at least four feet above ground level. Use this bait early in the fly season and keep a supply of it on hand to keep up with an increasing fly population.
Make sure to uniformly distribute the granules of QuikStrike Fly Bait granules on dry surfaces. Concentrate on places where house flies are an issue and place bait in multiple spots for maximum effect. Place the bait away from strong winds.
Maintain control by reapplying the bait after it has been swallowed.
When Do I Use the Strike Fly Bait?
It is best to start applying QuikStrike at the beginning of the season if you want to achieve the desired results of maintaining low and manageable fly populations.
But you may still use QuikStrike to bait and manage flies during an active infestation, which will help you get rid of a significant number of them.
Read also: How to Get Rid of Sawfly in 15 Simple Ways
Where Do I Use the Scatter Bait For Flies?
QuikStrike Fly Bait stations may be used in house fly-infested areas such as:
- Within and around the confines of milking parlors and hen houses
- confined housing for chickens
- Processing plants for alcoholic beverages
- Manufacturing facilities for food
- Plants for the preparation of meat and poultry
- Refuse dumpsters
- Sheds used for loafing
- Pig confinement areas
- Houses used for broiling meat
It is also possible to use it in and around the areas of restaurants, barns, bars, supermarkets, commissaries, and bakeries that do not deal with food or animal feed.
Read also: Homemade Fly Traps for Indoors
What are the Do-Not-Do’s of the Fly Strike Bait?
- Do not apply to water directly, regions where there is surface water present or intertidal areas that are below the mean high water mark.
- It is possible that aquatic organisms in surrounding places could be put in danger by drift or runoff from treated areas.
- When getting rid of the wash water from your equipment, be sure not to get any water contaminated.
- Bees that are directly treated with this product are likely to suffer severe harmful effects.
- If there are bees actively foraging in the areas that are going to be treated, do not apply this product.
- QuikStrike Fly Bait should not be used inside homes or any other location where there is a possibility that children or animals could be present.
- When using this product, make sure that no workers or other people will come into contact with it.
- Do not apply in areas where poultry or animals, particularly dogs and young calves, might lick or pick at the substance.
- Do not use it in areas of food processing factories where edible products are produced or in other locations where food is prepared or processed for commercial purposes.
- Do not use it in areas where food is exposed while it is being served.
- You should not use this as a scatter bait inside the house.
- Do not use as a scatter bait in any portions of a food or feed handling institution that are designated for food or feed.
- Avoid using in the vicinity of open-topped business dumpsters.