Indian meal moths represent higher pantry pests, their infestation in your home can cause you lots of damages making you fix more to fix.
Are you a newbie to Indian meal moths? Worry less pestclue got you! However, in this article, we will enlighten you on what are Indian meal moths, how to identify, prevent, and get rid of this pest completely. Just read on…
What are Indian Meal Moths?
The Indian meal moth is a pyraloid moth belonging to the Pyralidae family. Similar moths in the family Pyralidae are;
- Weevil moth
- Pantry moth
- Flour moth
- Grain moth
How to Identify Indian Meal Moth?
What do Indian Meal Moths Look Like?
Inspecting for Signs of Indian Meal Moths
- Examining all food products, including pet food.
- Inspect anywhere you store food, be it pantry, shelves, cabinets.
- Your garage is not exempted, look along the edges of your garage.
- You’re removing items, look for any larva, pupa, or adult moths.
- Inspect dry foods like grains, cereals, flour, corn, or rice, as they are candidates for moths or other pantry pests.
- Food that is sealed and canned is safe.
How to Get Rid of Indian Meal Moth Naturally
- Clean out your pantry first by targeting food sources that have not been infested., you take care of a huge reason.
- As you keep doing this, you will find infested packages. There are others after you’ve done that, just continue clearing out the rest of your pantry.
- You can use a vacuum, and clean the shelves. If the shelves are adjustable, use a toothpick to clear up the holes known to hide moth eggs and other pests.
How to Get Rid of Indian Meal Moth With Chemicals
Apply Pyrid Aerosols:
How to use Pyrid Aerosols
- Using pyrid is easy, just remove the white applicator.
- Attach the provided red applicator and make sure the straw is firmly fixed in the spout.
- Shake the can and spray along the length of any cracks and crevices.
How to Use Novacide
- Apply Novacide as a spot treatment along the edges of your shelves.
- Shake the can, hold it upside down, and spray.
- It’s two inches of product, every couple of inches can cover a feet
How to Get Rid of Indian Meal Moth With Traps
How to Set up Allure Moth Traps
- Grap the top and bottom tabs.
- Pull the trap opened.
- Fold the perforated lines on the bottom of the trap in word creating housing.
- After peeling the seal off, it included the pheromone package.
- Stick the packet to the top of the trap.
- Be careful not to touch the circular pheromone membrane.
- Finally, hang the trap in your trap with a string or paper clip.
How to Prevent Indian Meal Moth
- purchasing one-time meals.
- Avoid overstocking your pantry shelves once you’ve spotted this pest.
- The longer your foods stay on your pantry shelves, the more likely a potential infestation can break out.
- Store food in plastic containers, the air-tight seals and plastic containers ensure that bugs won’t crawl inside.
- If an investigation does occur in the future, sealed containers will allow you to isolate a future breakout.
- You can set up Allure moth traps every 3 months to use as a monitor system for your home.
- Set traps where you store food and keep an eye out for any moths. This will let you know if you have pests early and you’ll save plenty of time and energy.
Indian meal moths are destructive pantry pests that cost money and food damage, but you can control them yourself with these professional products and tips.
This product is a guarantee that will help you get control of your Indian meal moth problem. Do well to share this article with friends and family facing this pest infestation.
What are your secrets to keeping your property safe from Indian meal moths? let me know down the comments.