Pure sidr honey, one of the finest premium honey in the world, is a miraculous honey well-known for its excellent therapeutic properties. Arabs have dubbed it “liquid gold” because of its distinctive flavor, nutritional worth, and limited supply.
Let us now find out more about this honey!
What Are Facts About the Sidr Honey?
Golden in color, Sidr honey is made exclusively from Sidr trees. It has medicinal properties as well as an aroma and taste reminiscent of the Sidr blossoms.
The nectar of the Ziziphus or Lote tree is used to make Sidr honey. In the arid regions of Yemen, Saudi Arabia, and even Pakistan’s Potohar region, this tree can be found. However, it is mostly found in Yemen, where the entire tree, including the roots, is used medicinally.
Honey may be a cure-all for a wide range of ailments due to claims that the nectars of the tree, as a whole, have medicinal powers. As a sweetener for hair, as a hair smoothing agent, and in other cosmetic and Ayurveda products, Sidr honey is a versatile ingredient.
What Are Facts About the Sidr Tree?
The Sidr tree is one of the flora of paradise mentioned in the Quran. The fruit of the tree is thought to have been the first thing Adam ate after he descended to Earth, due to its exceptional energy source.
The construction of palaces and temples in ancient Egypt was made possible thanks to the Sidr tree. Peasants of this era also made bread out of the fruits they harvested.
The “Christ thorn tree” name comes from the belief that the branches of the tree were used to make the crown of thorns that Jesus wore while he was crucified.
The fruit, bark, leaves, roots, and branches of the Sidr tree have been used for medicinal purposes throughout history, despite the tree’s sacred significance.
It is because of this that honey has been held in such high regard, as the plant’s characteristics end up in the honey.
Read also: Blueberry Honey | Detailed Overview
What Is the Yemeni Honey?
In Yemen, wild sidr trees, also known as Christ’s thorns, thrive in the arid desert regions and produce honey known as sidr honey (Tihamah). The nectar used only comes from the sidr tree, thanks to the bees who produce it.
For thousands of years, the Arabs have employed both fresh and dried sidr leaves for their medicinal and disease-curing properties. Sidr honey is unique in that it can only be picked by hand during the winter months, unlike most others.
These trees are grown without the use of pesticides, chemicals, or fertilizers, and the honey is extracted using only a few simple tools, some smoke, and a few sharp blades. Unheated and uncooked, the honey is poured into containers and transported to local markets, where its nutritious value is preserved.
What is Sidr Honey Benefits?
Middle Easterners regard the nutritionally dense pure honey from Tihama Valley Sidr as the best medical honey on the planet. Many ailments, illnesses, and disorders have been cured and treated with the use of this honey’s rich natural ingredients. It would be a crime not to try this fantastic natural healer and include it in your diet and first aid bag because it is so good.
Below are the Benefits of the sidr honey:
- Fights Cancer:
Bone cancer may be treated and even cured by taking Sidr honey and cinnamon three times a day. Within a month of commencing this honey treatment, people will notice a difference in their health. Additionally, Sidr honey can help fight brain tumors; breast; liver; pancreatic; and pancreatic cancers.
Treatment for cancer can be exhausting for the patient, especially if there are numerous side effects that make it worse for them to deal with. Finding a treatment that has fewer side effects and is more beneficial to the patient’s bodily and emotional well-being is critical due to the dangers of some treatments.
Read also: Do Wasp Make Honey?
- It Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
The anti-inflammatory benefits of Yemeni Sidr honey are well-known. Phytochemicals such as flavonoids, steroids, alkaloids, saponins, and tannins are to blame for these effects. As a result, honey can be used to treat conditions like liver disease, stomach ulcers, and breathing issues.
- Has High Aphrodiasic Effects
Spices including carrot seeds, ginseng, cumin, and olive oil have been shown to have potent aphrodisiac properties when combined with the honey from Sidr.
As a natural menstrual cycle regulator and fertility booster, this concoction is also prescribed to women in need.
Other Benefits include:
- An all-natural energy drink that helps alleviate allergies.
- Improves memory and fights colds and flu.
- As a sleep aid, wounds and burns can Be treated.
- It is the best treatment for diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Causes low cholesterol levels and reduces blood pressure.
- Aids in the treatment of skin conditions.
- It aids with infertility issues.
- As mentioned earlier, it enhances treatment for cancer.
Read also: What Is Sunflower Honey?
How To Take the Yemeni Sidr Honey?
- Drizzle it on pancakes, waffles, and cupcakes to replace maple syrup and sweeteners, or use it as a side sauce for cuisine. For diabetics or those with sweet tooth, this could be a good option. This might also be used as a dressing on salads and other food items to give it a bit of that caramelly taste.
- For best health benefits, it is recommended that you drink this mixture first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, in order to get the most benefits, including losing a few pounds around your waistline.
- A regular dose of 2-3 tablespoons of raw honey may help boost immunity in the same manner as taking sea cod pills or sneaking a chocolate bar into your mouth goes unnoticed. We can assure you that this honey is superior in terms of flavor and texture.
- A chilling feeling can be applied to wounds, burns, and bruises in order to speed up the healing process and alleviate pain. Are you prone to bruises and unable to locate an ointment to treat them? You may always rely on Sidr honey to aid in the healing of your wounds.
- To enhance the flavor of curries, add a couple of teaspoons of honey. It can be used as a condiment in Chinese cuisine. Honey will enhance the flavor of the orange chicken.
- There was no way for us to go out and get our favorite cosmetics because of the lockdown. If you’re concerned about your skin, you’ll be happy to learn that there is a natural technique to improve it.
The anti-acne and anti-pimple properties of Sidr Honey may also be found in skin care products such as honey facemasks, which combine honey with other natural ingredients like turmeric, yogurt, and almond oil. Simply combining a few teaspoons of Sidr honey with a few other ingredients at home can produce a life-changing face mask.
- The same way it may be used as a hair mask with hair growth-enhancing ingredients, it can also be used to reduce irritation in hair by preventing dandruff growth, and so on. Sidr honey’s benefits for long, glossy black hair are obvious to anyone.
Tip-off: What Is Yemeni Sidr Honey Price?
There are a lot of positive testimonials regarding Yemeni honey from people who love the aroma and flavor.
It’s slightly more pricey, but you know you’re getting the best honey out there owing to all those excellent reviews. Ranging from $80 to $300 and weighs 285 grams.
Thanks for reading!