Knowing how to do pest control at home by yourself is a big win, you will tend to save a lot on pest control services. Moreover, in the absence of a pest control expert, your idea about pest control will tend to help keep your home safe and out of pest infestation.
In this write-up, everything you need to know on how to do pest control at home by yourself is listed here, just keep reading.
How to do Pest Control at Home by Yourself
Do you really want to know how to do pest control at home by yourself? There are 7 effective ways to get rid of all pests at home. The ups about this method are, it doesn’t only work on a particular pest but all pests infesting your home.
7 Effective Ways to Get Rid of all Pests at Home
Unfortunately, the chemical pesticides sold in stores are way too toxic and harmful to be used anywhere near your home, family, or pets.
If these chemicals can kill the insects, surely they cannot be good for you. That’s why it’s better to use something natural and safe whenever possible.
Luckily, there are effective than harmless methods of getting rid of any insects and pests taking up residence in your home but before you learn more about them.
I simply disgusting creatures that you’re terrified to spot in your house. They can also spread very serious diseases. Cockroaches don’t feel squeamish about eating any sort of food and that includes running garbage.
As a result, if the insects appear in your home, they can bring in salmonella or gastroenteritis on top of that cockroaches are often the cause of an allergy.
If you want to get rid of these pests, there are many products you can get from the store. Most of them are usually highly toxic.
This can be especially dangerous if you have small kids or pets. Instead, you can try the following method which is cheap safe, and effective chop.
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Cockroaches
- One onion and add 1 teaspoon of baking soda with this mixture,
- Apply in all the corners of your house.
- Apply daily and very soon. You’ll find your house for your roaches.
Ticks can be astoundingly different in size and color, it is crucial to protect yourself your family, and your pet from these little nasties creatures.
They can spread terrible diseases, such as Lyme disease, rocky, mountain spotted fever, colorado’s tick fever, ehrlichiosis, and tularemia.
Some should not be keen on using plain chemical pesticides on your skin or your animal’s fur as a result of infestation. They turn out will be so nasty that you’ll need to reach out to any hospital nearby.
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Ticks
However, you can try some natural and safe mixtures, repellent for humans. All you need to do is
- Mix 20 drops of rose geranium essential oil,
- 10 drops of sweetgrass essential oil,
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil,
- 5 drops of citronella or lemon essential oil, and
- 1 tablespoon of rubbing alcohol.
- Dilute this mixture with a hundred milliliters of vinegar or water
- Transferred into a spray bottle.
- Shake well, spray on your clothes before going outside.
Note: The steps above are for humans, not animals.
Take Repellent for Dogs;
Dogs seemed to be easy prey and are often targeted by ticks. Therefore, it’s better to check your furry friend. Every time you come back from a walk in the park, even so, there’s a way to lower the chances of your pet-themed.
You can prepare an effective, repellent for dogs..
- Makes 20 drops of rose geranium and Pennyroyal essential oil with two tablespoons of almond oil.
- Place a few drops of this mixture on your dog before you go outside.
Caution: Be careful and remember do not use it on cats or pregnant animals.
3. Garden Pests
Aphids, spider mites, and other garden pests can do a great deal of damage to your garden. All you have for your hard work can be ruined in the blink of an eye certainly.
There are many pesticides available nowadays but if you use them, they can render your fruits and vegetables. Inedible, try this harmless and natural solution.
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Garden Pests
- Fix half a cup of hot peppers.
- With half a cup of garlic or onion
- Blend it until it turns into a paste.
- Mix this paste with 2 cups of warm water
- Let it sit for 24 hours in a warm place and then strain it
- Spray your plants with this liquid.
Another way to get rid of garden pests is to create a special repellent with the use of tobacco. This product is especially effective if you need to scare them away and where it involves caterpillars.
- Take one cup of loose tobacco and mix it with one gallon of water place
- A container of this mixture in a warm place and leave it for 24 hours
- The color of the resulting liquid should resemble light tea
- If it looks darker, adds some water, if it’s too light, let it rest for several additional hours
- Add some liquid dish soap to the mixture and stir for a couple of minutes
- 2 tablespoons will be enough with this DIY pesticide
- Get a big spray bottle and disperse it over the infested plant
- When It’s morning, use these natural pesticides on tomatoes eggplants, or Peppers.
Even if you don’t have any poisonous spiders in your area, you should likely still appreciate knowing, for sure that they can’t come into your house anytime.
If they do find their way inside making it absolutely everywhere and even the smallest ones are really scary. This natural repellent won’t kill spiders, but it will keep them away because they don’t like strong Mel’s
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Spiders
- Add 5 to 10 drops of peppermint oil into a mix of one cup of water
- Add a quarter teaspoon of liquid detergent
- Shake this mixture well and spray the affected areas.
Once you do, all the spiders will run away, the peppermint oil can be substituted with eucalyptus citronella, lavender, or tea tree oil.
Ants can be fair, you know, it can suddenly appear from anywhere awesome sneaking into your kitchen for a pantry.
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Ants
- If ants are making their way into your home, there’s a method to make it less attractive for them apparently and absolutely hate the smell of cinnamon.
- That’s why you should put the cinnamon powder in places, where you think the ants are entering for more effective results.
- You can add some essential oil to the cinnamon powder as a side effect.
- You’ll get a very nice bad smell in your house.
- If it’s you, that doesn’t like the smell of cinnamon, try white vinegar, instead, it has such a strong odor as try to avoid it.
- Just pour some vinegar into a spray bottle and use it around the area where ants enter your home.
These pests are so tiny that you can’t even see them with the naked eye. But unfortunately, if you don’t see them, it doesn’t mean they’re not around.
They live in household dust prefer warmer places and their favorite food is skin flakes. So guess where they are likely to be? That’s right on your bed.
Although dust mites don’t bite, many specialists believe that they can cause bad allergic reactions and skin irritations.
Even if you are not allergic to them, you probably don’t want to share your house with these little bugs, Right?
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Dust Mites
- Mix 6 teaspoons of eucalyptus oil
- Add one and a half teaspoons of liquid liner detergent in a bucket of water-soaked washable items for an hour or so.
- Then, wash them normally.
- You can also add about 30 drops of eucalyptus oil to your washing machine for anything, you can’t put it in a washing machine using a special spray with water.
- When using a spray bottle alone, add about 30 drops of eucalyptus oil shake well, and sprayed it around your home.
- Don’t forget about your bed pillows, furniture carpets and so on.
- If you use this spray for your furniture, remember to wipe it off with a clean cloth.
- Afterward, if you don’t like the smell of eucalyptus oil, you can substitute it with tea tree oil, which is just as effective.
Weevils love a flower cereal for rice, unsealed in the pantry, you might end up with these unwanted bugs in your food.
Weevils prefer greens and seeds but can also appear in flower or even pancake mix. The larvae of these bugs live and develop inside your food supplies.
The annoying thing is, you won’t even suspect anything until one month after their birth when they suddenly appear in your food.
How can you prevent this nightmare from happening? Nobody wants chemical pesticides anywhere near their food.
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Weevils
Luckily, there are natural ways that are good. The alternative solution seems that weevils really don’t like the smell of bay leaves four cloves. Drop a clove or bay leaf on top of your food and around the containers to keep them away from your pantry.
In conclusion, which of these ways of how to do pest control at home by yourself did you find the most useful? Maybe you have your own, but repelling secrets, share your experience in the comments below.