Are mosquitoes infesting your room? Can’t get a sound sleep? Do the buzzing and whizzing keep getting in the way of your beauty sleep? Here’s how to get mosquitoes out of your room.
Yeah, that’s right, we’ve got you covered. Learn how to get these mosquitoes out of your room for good. You know the good thing! They are natural ways; needless to fear about your health.
How to Get Flies out of your Room
In our previous article, how to get rid of flies in your home. We discussed lots of techniques used to eliminate these pests. Flies do not pose any threat or harm but can be irritating and undesirable when they raid your home.
If you want a fly-free home, you must take some intentional actions to fly-proof your room or home. You can also make a few fly traps to get these tiny creatures out of your room or home. Here are a few steps to take to get flies out of your room. They include:
- Flypapers are not fashionable, but will for sure do the work. Buy some flypapers from the store or you can as well make yours at home. Just hang it up, and sit back and watch how these flies swarm around it. Place these fly papers outside your window or you can put them out in your lawn to catch these tiny creatures. Be sure not to put them in your room because they have this awful smell that can overwhelm the entire house.
- The use of plastic bags half-filled with water is another effective way of dealing with flies. Get a clear plastic bag, half fill it with water, then attach it to your doors and windows. The water in this plastic bag reflects light which confuses the flies and keeps them from entering the room.
- Make good use of those spiders crawling on your wall and ceilings. There is a hierarchy in the food chain. And in this food chain, spiders are known to feed on flies. Instead of killing these spiders laying around your room, why not let them live and help to get these files for you.
- The use of a fly swatter. You can use a fly swatter by positing its head over the fly and using your wrist to flick the swatter over the fly. This does not give a permanent solution but this works perfectly fine when you see a fly.
- The use of house Plants to get flies out of your room. If you are a lover of nature, you can try this method. Flies adversely react to herbs like mint, lemongrass, lavender, and basil. You can plant these around the house or stick them in flower pots by the front and back door.
- Make Fly Repellent Spray: You can fly repellent spray from the previously mentioned repellent plants. Use a lavender, or clove, or mint, or lemongrass, or basil oil in making a fly repellent spray.
- To make, fill a spray bottle with water and add enough essential oil to fragrance. Go ahead and spray it around your kitchen, your doorways, and rooms to get these flies out. And remember to always spray it to maintain the effect.
- To avoid casualty, be sure to place a name tag on these fly repellents to avoid a member of your family consuming them. Keep it out of children’s and pet’s reach.
How to Get Mosquitoes out of Your Room
During that time of the year when mosquitoes flood your home and you are exhausted from shooing them off; and you want to find a lasting solution to this problem. Not just that mosquitoes are disturbing, they are also disease carriers.
One lasting solution to mosquito infestation is controlling the infestation but at some point, you have to control the infestation inside. It can be quite challenging to control mosquito infestation. Here is a list of ways to get those mosquitoes out of your home:
Repair your screens and doors
Just as earlier said, the first way to control mosquito infestation is by controlling it’s infestation outside. So be sure there is no hole or gap around your exterior doors and even your windows. This is easy access for mosquitoes and other pests into your home.
Get a screen for your doors and windows if you do not have one. Have the old worn-out ones replaced to block these peats from infesting your home?
Always inspect your screens for holes and tears. Even the smallest hole can let in mosquitoes and bugs into your home.
Ultrasonic Pest Repeller
Ultrasonic repellers have always been in use. It is now much better, smaller, and even more affordable than before. Can not say how true, ultrasonic devices are believed to emit a radio frequency that is not suitable for mosquitoes, bugs, and mice. This frequency is harmful to humans or pets so isn’t a thing of concern.
Natural Ways of Getting Mosquitoes out of Your Home
Once you have taken care of the windows and doors, you have to ensure the death or exit of the mosquitoes that made their way into your home. No one wants to live amidst harmful chemicals that can adversely affect their health. So here are some fascinating and easy to do natural ways of getting mosquitoes out. They include:
Use Of Camphor Oil
Camphor is popularly known to have long-lasting effects as repellents. It is a natural oil with other repelling agents. Light a camphor in your room with your doors and windows closed, leave it for about fifteen to twenty minutes(15-20mins). Carefully supervise this process.
But also have to know that camphor does have this strong unpleasant smell. You can also randomly drop tablets of camphor around the house and allow them to evaporate over time. Camphors are also good for you; it helps to relieve muscle pain, helps in better breathing and sedation.
Tulsi has been found helpful in killing mosquito larvae and keeping mosquitoes away. The more people research Tulsi, the more we find that it is a pretty incredible and widely-applicable herb.
Simply plant a Tulsi shrub near your window, as the shrub has properties that prevent mosquitoes from entering your house.
Tulsi is an Indian herb that sometimes goes by the name “holy basil”, used for cooking in many Indian dishes. It is also known to be useful in treating mosquito bites when applied directly to the bite area.
Use Of Dry Ice
Mosquitoes are naturally attracted to carbon dioxide that is why we are vulnerable to them. Dry ice emits carbon dioxide, as such can attract mosquitoes.
You just have to drop some dry ice in a container and keep the container at some distance. When you notice mosquitoes swarming around it, you close the lid. This can be time-consuming.
Read also: How to Get a Fly out of your Room
Garlic is a good and efficient mosquito repellent because of its strong pungent smell and mosquito larvicidal properties.
Smash some garlic cloves and boil in water for a few minutes. Pour content into a spray bottle and spray around your room.
Mosquito traps are another option to explore. You can get them in stores or preferably make yours at home. To make mosquitoes trap;
- You cut a plastic bottle into two.
- Add brown sugar into hot water and blend.
- Allow the mixture to get cold.
- Then pour into the half-cut plastic and add yeast.
- Then place the funnel half of the bottle on the bottom half of the bottle in an upside-down direction.
- Wrap a black tape around it and place it in the most infested area.
- This needs to be changed often for greater effect.
Basil is another natural solution to mosquito infestation. It is effective when used as a houseplant and placed by the door or window. It is most effective when used as an essential oil on the skin knowing that basil has a nice smell; repelling mosquitoes from you. It can be used in different ways. Basil oil can also be used in cooking and has been noted to help relieve cold.
Other plants can be used to repel mosquitoes like:
- Tea Tree Oil
Use Of Coffee Grounds
Coffee Grounds are used on mosquitoes egg. Coffee grounds can be dropped into stagnant water around the house. When sprinkled into a pool of water, it forces the mosquito’s eggs to float thereby depriving them of oxygen. This process kills the eggs even before they are hatched.
All of these remedies have been proven to prevent pests from entering your homes, and they are effective when they are carried out the right way.
One thing is to have flies, mosquitoes, etc and another is to adhere strictly to instructions on how to get them out of your home.
Furthermore, these procedures will not be complete if you do not take basic preventive measures like ensuring that your doors and windows are properly closed during the evening because these flies are usually active in the evening.
Checking out for tears and holes on your screens, and patching them up as soon as possible or changing them, checking out for gaps and cracks near the windows and doors, and sealing them up immediately.